Feeling Better.

Well, the foot is getting much better. It has been a pain, literally. I am feeling a little better about my job, even though I am still exhausted! I had a wonderful conversation with a parent today, and two days ago a parent handed me a note saying that for the first time ever her daughter was excited about something she had read. That was really great! Still, I am in need of a vacation and some sun (with lots of SPF100 covering my body!).

Other than that, yesterday, after finishing up with my teaching, I had dinner with my cousin, Jessica. (Hey, Jess!!) We had a great time and it was just what I needed after a long week. At dinner, I told her that she needs to read the book Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain (another huge crush of mine).

My favorite episode on the Travel Channel is when he went to France and tried absinthe. If you aren't familiar with him, you should check out his show or read one of his books. They are so funny! (Of course, only if you can stand the crass humor of a chain smoker.)
Well, that is all for now. Everyone enjoy what is left of the weekend!

Comments

littlelai said…
what does he say about absinthe?

glad to read that your students are into class....that is always a good feeling!!
Susie said…
He discussed why it is illegal in the US. Then, he tried some of the type sold in France...and, then, he tried some of the original absinthe that is actually illegal in France! It was too funny!

Popular Posts