I need inspiration. (Or, please excuse my pity party)

After eveything that has happened in my life over the last year, I am finding myself struggling to stay inspired. I know it is temporary, but it is really hard (especially when I can't even run right now!). It doesn't help that this semester, even though I like my classes, I am not taking anything in "my area" of Victorian lit. And it isn't as if there is a lot of time to do any extra reading. Next semester will change things because our Victorian Lit. professor has agreed to a directed study. The work will be intense, but I will learn so much.

On a positive note, overall, my students are great this semester. I really like them (although I wish they would commit to the reading a bit more) and they are really doing a good job. I think some of it has to do with the different teaching style I have now...the summer job I had required a specific style of teaching and I think it really does work for both little kids, middle/high schoolers, and college age. Anyway, things are working out in that area, at least!

Well, at least I have Boston Legal.

Comments

katie g. said…
I think that having good students goes a long way towards being happy. My classes always affected my mood. How's the reading of your big-ass book going?

Popular Posts