No pictures today!

I haven't taken any photos since Saturday, so nothing new to post on the blog. Recap of events in the last 24 hours:

Sunday: In the late morning, I went out and ran a few errands. I ended up at Noodle Nation (over across the street in Gloucester Green). I ordered steamed rice and a great green chili and garlic chicken dish for take away. Then, from about 1:30 p.m. until 8:00 this morning, I stayed in my room, working on things from my real life! It is amazing how much piles up in only two days. My eyes were shot after 10 hours of reading and writing and editing.

This morning, I got up around 7:00 and tried to make myself presentable. I ended up at breakfast and went out to roam for a while. I decided to approach the crazy newspaper guy this morning. He is really hilarious! Every morning, he shouts out for people to buy his paper. Most people ignore him or walk past with a dirty look. He will tell them things like: "You would make Simon Cowell proud." or "Smile! Isn't life wonderful!" or "Buy my wares! Yes, I know it is rubbish, but at least I am honest!" Anyway, I decided to buy his paper (it is rubbish, by the way). He was great! He told me to keep smiling and that if I stopped to come back and we could be miserable together. HA! I love it. He is making the best of a bad situation, I suppose.

Anyway, I am getting the urge to go into London soon, so I found this really great little map and tourist attraction book (idiot that I am...didn't bring one). It was super cheap, so I bought it. This week is just too busy, but I plan to go in next week. I will have six days of rail travel left to me after our Scotland trip...and I plan to use them!

After my little roaming about, I came back to college and met up with our program director. We were having some problems getting questions answered by phone from the National Rail, so I grabbed my bag and went out again...this time to the rail station. It was a super short walk, but still fun to see streets I had never been on before! I came back and took a short nap. When I got up, I really wanted something sweet, so I wandered down to the co-op (a great store about a half mile down the road, in Jericho). I bought my own little package of Penguin bars (per Matt's recommendation!...don't worry, Matt! I am saving yours!) and enjoyed one on the way back to the college. It is a really warm day, so I have been outside a lot. I finally put on clothing that is different from the two sweaters that I have worn for the last 8 days! Anyway, I am really looking forward to dinner tonight (in about 2 hours). Worcester food is awesome!

Well, I guess that is all.

If something exciting happens, I will post...but don't hold your breath!


Popular posts from this blog

Sara Donati's Into the Wilderness saga...

"Thought-Provoking" People: Cyril Wilde/Holland

What am I reading? A "W. W. W. Wednesday" post...