Enjoying my Renaissance and saying to hell with the rest of the world!

Taking time off from my dissertation has been the best thing for me. Yes, I know I just started working on it about four months ago. Considering how the summer has gone however, it was either give up the stress of the dissertation or give up my sanity...and my sanity won the lottery. So, I am having a mental renaissance, of sorts. My friend Melanie said that every spring (while at university) she had a Renaissance. Her Spring Renaissance, she called it. And she enjoyed the creativity and artistry that went along with it. So, we would go out to the mounds and read poetry and just have a great time in the spring. Well, I am going through that now...right through the dog days of summer. And it has been great. I have been reading so many things that I would never read otherwise. I am writing a lot, too...and that has been the best part.

Sometimes, telling the world to go to hell is the best thing that you can do for yourself. Sometimes, you have to do it. You have to do it for yourself. This summer has been life changing in so many ways, many of which are personal. Still, I am excited and I am energized and I feel satisfied in ways that I never thought that I could be satisfied...and unsatisfied in ways that I never thought possible as well.

So, on the near-eve of the anniversary of my 34th year (not until Sunday, actually) in this universe, I am excited for the first time in a really long time. Here's hoping that I actually finish my PhD one day! That I can pay off my student loans during this lifetime! That I can travel and love and live. And that this year of my life brings less tragedy and more joy.

Comments

Popular Posts