I almost choked...

...when I saw that Kim Kardashian interviewed Elizabeth Taylor. WHAT? Could they have chosen anyone LESS fit to do this? And her questions??? Good grief. I mean, not many people get to do this and this is what she asks? But, Elizabeth's responses clearly, without Kardashian knowing it, put her in her place. Still, I do wonder if they actually talked face to face because the interview doesn't flow at all. It is more like a typed list of questions was sent to Taylor and someone typed up the answers...

Here is a link to the interview:
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazine/feature-articles/kim-kardashian-elizabeth-taylor-interview-0311

By the way, I love this part of the exchange:

KK: Do you think if Richard Burton were alive today, you'd be married to him?

ET: It was inevitable that we would be married again, but it's not up for discussion.

NOTE: The bold is my emphasis because I LOVE it. Thank you for stopping that line of questioning when it starts, Ms. Taylor.

By the way: she does mention the dress she wore to the 1970 Oscars:


...and I am excited to say that I just purchased a really close replica of it over the weekend!! I needed a dress to wear to a party and did a double take when I saw the one I ended up buying. It is more modest in the chest area that this one, but the cut is very similar and it looks great when I put it on. Mine is a bit darker than an ice-blue...Taylor's is supposed to be lavender.

Now if I could just find someone to resurrect Richard Burton...(not during his alcoholic days)...

No...actually, the party is a business-related thing. Still, I will be going all-out Elizabeth for this one!

Comments

Hanners said…
I insist on seeing a picture of you in the dress!
Susie said…
Oh, I am sure I will post something, Hannah! I hardly ever get a chance to dress up, and this will be a lot of fun. :) Good distraction from dissertation writing!

Popular Posts