On the agenda for today:

I am compiling all of my Augusta Evans Wilson information to review. I haven't looked at most of it in over a year! So, to avoid making a complete idiot out of myself on Sunday during filming for Bob Clem's documentary, I am trying to refresh my memory.

I have to be honest: I am terrified of being on camera. I am excited, however, about spending time in Mobile again! I can't wait to go back to the Malaga Inn. I had the pleasure of staying there in 1998 (?...maybe 1997) during a journalism field trip to visit the Mobile Press Register. I look forward to seeing it again and enjoying a couple of nights in the old city.

I haven't read all of Wilson's books, but I am making my way through them. I think that At the Mercy of Tiberius is my favorite so far (and it was her's, as well). I liked Beulah and Infelice, and I loathed St. Elmo. I haven't had a chance to read Inez (well, I skimmed it quickly) or Vashti...but I think that Vashti will be the next one I pick up. (I also haven't read the shorter novels: A Speckled Bird and Devota, though I own a lovely first edition of Devota...to pretty to read, really, as the copy was meant to be decorative.)

In any case, please think of me on Sunday (May 1) and wish me luck! I am so nervous!!

Comments

Cathy Copeland said…
Good luck! It sounds like an exciting opportunity. Enjoy yourself!!
Susie said…
Thanks, Cathy! I really hope it goes well!

Popular Posts