Tasty Thursday: Ina Garten's Lemon Fusilli with Arugula

Oh, yeah...this is so good...


You may just want to skip the post and go straight to the recipe...
Lemon Fusilli with Arugula

Anyway, not only is this recipe really good, but I also have really fond memories of eating the end product at my friend Carol's house. It was the last time we were able to get together, just the two of us, before she moved to Nashville with her soon-to-be husband.

Carol, as most of my friends are, is older than me. We met in a Modern British poetry class, back in the fall of 2003. We were the only students who would talk, and soon we started forming a study group together. She had come back to school to get an MA in English (she already had a PhD in Psychology and had taught and practiced for years). She was experiencing some life-changing events around the time I met her, and she fed her soul through diving into what she called "the life of the mind."

We became great friends, and now I find it hard to believe that our friendship has spanned nearly a decade! Wow...we have been through so much together. Once we became really close friends, she started inviting me over for dinner. Carol is a wonderful cook, so dinner with her is always an event. Of course, we ate out a lot, too, but dinner at Carol's is always a wonderful experience. I miss her a lot! We just really understand one another, and I find it so sad that she isn't here in town anymore. Of course, though, I wish her happiness!

Meanwhile, do try this recipe. IT IS FANTASTIC. The ultimate in comfort food. I posted the recipe a while back, but I really wanted to post it for "Tasty Thursday" because it is so amazing. Carol altered it a little bit, changing the pasta type and exchanging the arugula for something else...can't remember what...but either way it is fantastic!

Comments

Popular Posts