Sunday, October 02, 2011

Back to myself...nearly

Hi, everyone! Finally, I am feeling a bit like my old self again. The big change happened on Friday afternoon, around 1:00 (yes, I remember it...you don't forget the ending of days-on-end nausea!). The dizziness remained fairly strong until yesterday. Though it isn't completely gone, it is livable! Thank you for all of your well wishes and support. I really appreciate it. I especially appreciate and love my parents, who were so wonderful through it all, and my cousin Jessica and Uncle Ron, who came to the hospital and stayed with me on Monday evening to give my mom a break. And thank you to everyone else who called or visited. I love you!

So, now that I am feeling better, I am reminded of how much work I have missed and how far behind I am on my dissertation! I missed my book club meeting, and with everything that has happened over the last few weeks, I also didn't finish the book for the book club (the book was The Palace of Illusions). It is a great book, but I am going to have to wait before I finish it.

The good news, after all is said and done, is that I now feel rested (heck of a way to get there, though) and want to resume my workout/running schedule. I am getting the urge to do another race. I don't know if I want to train for a half-marathon or not. The only thing that concerns me is that I would have to train on my own...and running 14 mile courses in preparation is boring if one simply runs a loop and dangerous if one runs solitary. So, I may just try for a solid 5 or 10K this time around. Still...I do love the half-marathon experience! I just don't know what to do!! I don't want to contact my old Team-in-Training coach and beg to join their running schedule if I am not raising money for the cause (something I just don't have time to do this year). So...I guess that I will have to suck it up and figure this out on my own!

Anyway, enough babbling! I am glad to be back, one week later, feeling so much better!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Susie said...

Thanks, Amy!