Monday, November 14, 2011

I am still stuffed!

Wow. This weekend was CRAZY--especially in the food department!

On Friday night, the cleaning bug took hold of me, and I cleaned my bedroom from top to bottom--dusting, trashing junk/cleaning out old stuff, etc. It felt so good to get rid of things.

On Saturday, my uncle came over for his birthday lunch (first occasion of the day to eat too much). Then, I went to the Kilgore house (where I work) to open it up for a group of creative writers who were telling made up histories of the house. It was a lot of fun! I raced home and made the cranberry sauce for Lisa's Pre-Thanksgiving feast.

Lisa's dinner was FANTASTIC--as usual! We all ate so much! Gnocchi, brie, champagne, turkey, roast, potatoes, green beans, French onion soup, etc...all topped off with Tuxedo cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Oh. YES...

It was so good...and we were all stuffed...but WOW. AMAZING. Seriously. If you have a chance, you need to try it.

By the time I was able to force myself out of the seat and into my car, I seriously didn't think that I would ever be able to eat again. (Of course, isn't it amazing how soon you become hungry again? Ugh. Logically, from the amount of calories I consumed that night, I shouldn't have needed food for at least three days. Yet, by the next day, I was hungry again.)

Sunday was a relatively lazy day, but it had to be. I was nearly comatose from the food.

So, here we are, a week and a half outside of Thanksgiving...and I am gearing up to do it all over again!

No comments: