Julie came to town!

Julie is probably the friend I have known the longest in my life. We met as six-year-olds, when I visited Indiana to see my great-great uncle for the first time. She and her family lived across the road from him, and I still remember her coming over to ask me to go swimming. As the years passed, we played in fields and barns, talked about toys and boys, and, basically, just grew up together. I would return each year (and we would write letters in between), and each year we picked up exactly where we left off. We have remained friends for nearly 30 years and it is still amazing to us that when we get together it is as if no time has passed at all!




She and her husband, Jason, came through town tonight. They are off to New Orleans in the morning, but we had a great reunion. I miss her already! It has been at least six years since the last time we saw one another, but I wish we could see each other every year again! Thanks for stopping by, Julie! Love ya!

Comments

Popular Posts