Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

"Top Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read:"

1. The Little Stranger, by Sarah Waters

2. War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy

3. Wives and Daughters, by Elizabeth Gaskell

4. The Confidence Man, by Herman Melville

5. Mosses from an Old Manse, by Nathaniel Hawthorne

6. Shirley, by Charlotte Bronte

7. Romola, by George Eliot

8. Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer (I know...everyone tells me it is great!)

9. Nicholas Nickleby, by Charles Dickens

10. The Victorians, by A. N. Wilson

I vow to read at least one of these books this year!

...for more about "Top Ten Tuesday," see The Broke and the Bookish.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I read The Little Stranger a couple of years ago and was only kind of so-so about it. You've got some good classics in here, too. I need to keep up with the classics.

Susie said...

Trish,
I know what you mean! I really need to read these. So many are wonderful, I know!
Good to know that about The Little Stranger! Thanks for commenting!

Susie

diaryofadomesticgoddess said...

I love the Artemis Fowl books!
Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

Susie said...

I can't wait to read them!

Amy said...

I've wanted to read War and Peace for the longest time. I'll get to it one day!