Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Top Ten Authors I Want at My Thanksgiving Dinner

Today's Top Ten is the brainchild of The Broke and the Bookish!

1. Anne Rice. Absolutely, positively. She can talk about anything, and I find her absolutely fascinating. I love listening to her speak--about books, current events, history, anything.

2. Charles Dickens. This is a no brainer. Obviously, we have some issues to work out.

3. Elizabeth Gaskell. I love North and South, and I think my friend Kelly and I would have a blast talking to her about it...if she would answer us.

4. Jane Mendle. My friend Jane is a novelist, and I adore her. So, she is definitely on my list!


5. Vicky Dreiling. She is so much fun on Twitter, and I think it would be a great time to have her at my Thanksgiving feast!

6. Lord Byron. Uh, yeah. Because I would at least try to get him into bed after mercilessly hammering him with questions about his poetry.

(Source: http://www.2020site.org/poetry/byron.html)

7. Percy Shelley. Hey. He's Byron's friend and the two of them together could definitely stir some things up. Plus, if my seduction scene falls through, maybe he could slip Byron some opium to help me...Okay...so that is a criminal act...but the guy is dead, so you can't drug a ghost. :)

8. Jayne Ann Krentz. I think that she is fascinating, and she is another person who enthusiastically talks about anything!

9. Oscar Wilde. I have such a thing for him. I know he wouldn't be interested in me, and maybe he (and not I) would end up with Byron at the end of the night, but it would be crazy to have him at the table.

(Source: http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/oscar-wilde-63.php)

10. Augusta Webster. My favorite female poet EVER. I would want a copy of her poems with me on a desert island.

But I would really want to add more! J. K. Rowling, as GF Book Mom reminded me, is a MUST! AGHHH!!! TOO MANY CHOICES!!!

4 comments:

Trish said...

Dickens would be a great talker, I think. But, yeah, issues I have a few. Like why does he use such goofy names in his stories?? Mr. Guppy? really? I'd have to sit next to him so I could pick his brain.

GF Book Mom said...

My very favorite would Nora Roberts, but I also like JK Rawlings, Stephen King and Tolkien.

Here's My Post

Amy said...

Great list! That would be one amazing group of people.

Susie said...

Trish: Too funny! You are right about the names! Yes, we will put you next to him, because I might kill him!

GF Book Mom: You are so right! Those would be great additions!

Amy: Thanks! This was fun to imagine!