1. Anne Rice. Absolutely, positively. She can talk about anything, and I find her absolutely fascinating. I love listening to her speak--about books, current events, history, anything.
2. Charles Dickens. This is a no brainer. Obviously, we have some issues to work out.
3. Elizabeth Gaskell. I love North and South, and I think my friend Kelly and I would have a blast talking to her about it...if she would answer us.
4. Jane Mendle. My friend Jane is a novelist, and I adore her. So, she is definitely on my list!
5. Vicky Dreiling. She is so much fun on Twitter, and I think it would be a great time to have her at my Thanksgiving feast!
6. Lord Byron. Uh, yeah. Because I would at least try to get him into bed after mercilessly hammering him with questions about his poetry.
7. Percy Shelley. Hey. He's Byron's friend and the two of them together could definitely stir some things up. Plus, if my seduction scene falls through, maybe he could slip Byron some opium to help me...Okay...so that is a criminal act...but the guy is dead, so you can't drug a ghost. :)
8. Jayne Ann Krentz. I think that she is fascinating, and she is another person who enthusiastically talks about anything!
9. Oscar Wilde. I have such a thing for him. I know he wouldn't be interested in me, and maybe he (and not I) would end up with Byron at the end of the night, but it would be crazy to have him at the table.
10. Augusta Webster. My favorite female poet EVER. I would want a copy of her poems with me on a desert island.
But I would really want to add more! J. K. Rowling, as GF Book Mom reminded me, is a MUST! AGHHH!!! TOO MANY CHOICES!!!