Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Taking a Break

I am taking a short (10 min) break from work right now...I just needed to do something different in the hopes that my concentration will improve! The weather outside: beautiful...sunny...73 degrees...and, yes, it is December! I just feel really restless after such a long year. I haven't really had a true vacation in a long time, so knowing that I will be off starting next Wednesday is making me a little crazy. I am so ready for some down time.

You  know, I am actually okay with the holidays this year. I am feeling a little sad about some things, but overall I am happy that I will be able to enjoy them with the family. I am also a little anxious and irritable right now...again, I think it has to do with knowing a vacation is coming up! I am just ready to relax and read books that I don't have to think about.

Speaking of books: I just published my new "Beyond Retro" column at MyVampFiction.com. I am basically just reviewing a collection of nineteenth- and early twentieth-century vampire stories. If you are interested in horror classics, though, you might enjoy the book I discuss. Also, if you are able, try to donate to the Food Drive!

Well, I guess that is it for now! I need to get back to work--let's just hope that my mind can take it! :)

No comments: