Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Want to Give as Gifts

Again...today's writing prompt is courtesy of The Broke and the Bookish! Check it out!

Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts
(and to who...even if you won't actually give them!)

1. The Secret Garden, by Frances H. Burnett. I would give this to anyone, actually. Still, I guess it is considered a "girl's book," so I would love to give it to Mylee one day. 

2. Augusta Webster's poetry. I gave this to a friend of mine last year, I think. I would probably send it to Jan or Thaao, if I was giving it to someone again.

3. The End of Mr. Y, by Scarlett Thomas. I have no idea who would get this gift...but probably Andy, because he likes the multiverse theory.

4. Nevermore, by Kelly Creagh. I would give this to Savannah, because she would love it!!

5. The Secret History, by Donna Tartt. I would give this to my mom. Now that she has read Anne Rice and loves her, I think that she would probably enjoy this one.

6. Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte. This should just be a required gift to everyone. No one should go through life without having encountered the insanity of Heathcliff and Catherine. "I AM HEATHCLIFF!!"  :)

7. Byron: Life and Legend, by Fiona MacCarthy. Kelly and Vicky Dreiling would definitely get this one. We all need more Byron in our lives.

8. Soulless, by Gail Carriger. I would send this one by priority mail to both Hannah and Claire. Too much Steampunk fun!

9. Jude the Obscure, by Thomas Hardy. I would have to think about this one...it is so dark thath not many would appreciate it...but it is still one of my most favorite books, and someone in my life should read it.

10. Bleak House, by Charles Dickens. Again, Kelly will get this one...but, really, everyone should read it.

Yes. My list has basically turned into "Susie Recommends..."    :)

3 comments:

kaye said...

well that's a nice way to recommend some books you love. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Annie @ButteryBooks said...

I just gave "The Secret History" to my daughter.

Susie said...

Annie, I hope she likes it as much as I do!