Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Blogs I Read that Are Not About Books
Another great prompt brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish!
Top ten blogs I read that are NOT about Books!
1. A Veggie Venture: I really like this vegetarian recipe blog. I am not a vegetarian, but I do like veggies! So, this is a blog for new recipe ideas.
2. Gail Carriger's "Hail the Victorious Parasol": I love Carriger's light steampunk paranormal novels (they are hilariously funny!), and her blog is the same way. She has great steampunk visuals and fun tidbits about the Victorians on this site. It isn't like her website, which is totally geared towards the books. This blog is more about steampunk and Victorians.
3. The Burtons: Because I love Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. This is a Tumblr site, so there isn't much reading to be done. Still, I love it!
4. The Victorianist: Because, well, you know.... Again, not about books. More about Victorian culture/events.
5. Under the Sign of Sylvia: I don't always agree with her, but her posts are always fascinating. She is a literary scholar, so books do come up sometimes (but mostly on her other blog). This blog is more about her daily life at home and in academia.
6. Esther Xie: I really don't know how I discovered this one, but I find a glimpse into this world to be fascinating. She frustrates me so much because she constantly berates herself for her appearance and promotes western looks. Anyway, it is not something I read all of the time, but I do go there to see what she is up to sometimes.
7. The Chronicle of Higher Education blog site: I read this one quite a bit.
8. Suri's Burn Book: This blog is so funny! It is narrated through the voice of Suri Cruise (a fake, of course). Wow...it is a guilty pleasure.
9. What Kate Wore: Another guilty pleasure that I am horrified to admit to looking at regularly! This is a blog about Prince William's wife, Kate. It shows the clothing she wears to events...and sometimes I get to see Prince Harry...and that always rocks my world.
10. The Pioneer Woman: I love everything about this site...mainly because she is lucky enough to live the life that I wish that I had. :) There are blog aspects to the site, so I am including it.