Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Blogs I Read that Are Not About Books

Another great prompt brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish!


Top ten blogs I read that are NOT about Books!

1. A Veggie VentureI really like this vegetarian recipe blog. I am not a vegetarian, but I do like veggies! So, this is a blog for new recipe ideas.

2. Gail Carriger's "Hail the Victorious Parasol": I love Carriger's light steampunk paranormal novels (they are hilariously funny!), and her blog is the same way. She has great steampunk visuals and fun tidbits about the Victorians on this site. It isn't like her website, which is totally geared towards the books. This blog is more about steampunk and Victorians.

3. The Burtons: Because I love Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. This is a Tumblr site, so there isn't much reading to be done. Still, I love it!

4. The Victorianist: Because, well, you know.... Again, not about books. More about Victorian culture/events.

5. Under the Sign of Sylvia: I don't always agree with her, but her posts are always fascinating. She is a literary scholar, so books do come up sometimes (but mostly on her other blog). This blog is more about her daily life at home and in academia.

6. Esther Xie: I really don't know how I discovered this one, but I find a glimpse into this world to be fascinating. She frustrates me so much because she constantly berates herself for her appearance and promotes western looks. Anyway, it is not something I read all of the time, but I do go there to see what she is up to sometimes.

7. The Chronicle of Higher Education blog site: I read this one quite a bit.

8. Suri's Burn Book: This blog is so funny! It is narrated through the voice of Suri Cruise (a fake, of course). Wow...it is a guilty pleasure.

9. What Kate Wore: Another guilty pleasure that I am horrified to admit to looking at regularly! This is a blog about Prince William's wife, Kate. It shows the clothing she wears to events...and sometimes I get to see Prince Harry...and that always rocks my world.

10. The Pioneer Woman: I love everything about this site...mainly because she is lucky enough to live the life that I wish that I had. :)  There are blog aspects to the site, so I am including it.

Comments

Ah, The Chronicle. What person in higher education doesn't read that? What are you getting your PhD in? I'm studying early American literature. I focus on domesticity, women, and conduct during the long 19th century. Do I dare ask where you are in your program? I just finished my first year.

In any case, I love your blog and am a new follower. :)
fishgirl182 said…
i love the pioneer woman. and wow there is a blog about kate's clothes. not that i am very surprised. kinda want to visit right now....

my ttt
Susie said…
Hi, Jessica. Thanks for following! I focus on Victorian lit...so, same time period but across the pond! I am at the Univ. of Alabama and am writing the last chapter of my dissertation. If you ever want to vent, I'm here!
Lit Hitchhiker said…
Love the two Victorian-related blogs. Thank you for recommending them!
I like Pioneer Woman as well...she's my #1 this week :)
Susie said…
Thanks, everyone!
Angela said…
Pioneer Woman made my list too :)
Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

Popular Posts