Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters EVER

As always, "Top Ten Tuesday" is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish! Check them out!

Today's top ten...and I love it....

Top Ten Most Frustrating
(and/or Annoying) Characters EVER:

Note: I have extending the topic of my list to include annoying characters, too. I know that many people will not agree with me, but...oh, well! I will be ordering these as a true top ten for me...so, I will lead up to my #1 most frustrating character. :)

(Lily Dale in A. Trollope's The Small House at Allington. Ugh. Source: Public Domain.)

10. Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games. I just don't like him that much. He bores me.

9. Stone Barrington from Stuart Woods's Stone Barrington novels. Why? Read here.

8. Alice Quinn in The Magicians. A Hermione Granger wannabe. I really dislike her.

7. Lavender Brown in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Reasons clear enough.

6. Lily Dale in The Small House at Allington. Ugh. This one. She is so clueless and just stagnates.

(Pip in C. Dickens's Great Expectations. Get a clue, kid. Source: Public Domain.)

5. Pip in Great Expectations. Pip. PIP. Get a freakin' clue. He is so annoying!! "ESTELLA!!!"

4. Melanie Hamilton Wilkes in Gone with the Wind. There is no reason to "be good" and put up with crap all of the time. I want her to get over her southern belle training and kick some people out.

3. Callie McFay from The Demon Lover. SO PRETENTIOUS. I couldn't finish the book because of her...not good, considering she is the main character.

2. Christian in The Pilgrim's Progress. Talk about a whiner and someone who is clueless. I'm sorry, but this book is just the worst. And Christian is a big part of that. So is the author, who loves to give Christian noble sins to deal with, but chooses to give Christian's wife sexual sins to deal with...because we all know that women had so much privacy to commit sexual sins way back in the day. What a jerk.

1. Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm all for fantasy, but the middle-schoolish plot, writing, and character development in this book is appalling. I really don't like any person in this book, but I especially don't like Ana. For so many reasons. Most of all, I can't stand that the author even created her and decided to use her character to perpetuate the horribly dangerous myth that a woman, with enough patience and understanding, can reform an abusive and damaged man. Real life example "A": Rihanna. Mark my words. It is going to happen again.

Comments

Amy said…
I don't know a lot of these characters but I totally agree with you on Melanie! Great list!!!
Susie said…
I am glad you agree! So many people love her. I don't hate her, but she does drive me nuts!

Popular Posts