As usual, the "Top Ten Tuesday" prompt is brought to us by The Broke and the Bookish!
TOP TEN FAVORITE ROMANCES:
There are just too many to name here! UGH!!! I have read so many great ones, and I know I will hate myself for leaving off so many of the great ones! Anyway....
1. The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss. Oh, yes. It is so old school and a total bodice ripper. But I had to include it because it is the first romance I ever read. I picked it up during spring break when I was sixteen. I had no idea that it was the book that started what we consider the romance genre, but I had a great time reading it.
2. A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. I think I read this one right after Woodiwiss's book! I bought this one along with....
3. Castles by Julie Garwood....and...
4. Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught. Again, I had no idea that I was buying the heavy hitters (and three of the authors I still refer to as members of the five "J"s: Jude Deveraux, Julie Garwood, Judith McNaught, Jayne Ann Krentz, and Joanna Lindsey).
5. Rendezvous by Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz). I love all of her nineteenth-century stuff...but I love her other books, too!
6. The Deadly Series by Brenda Joyce. Begins with Deadly Love. AMAZING.
7. Beyond Scandal by Brenda Joyce.
8. How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling. I love all of her books, but this one is still my favorite!
9. It had to be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. The Chicago stars series is fabulous!
10. Open Season by Linda Howard.