Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Classics Genre

As always, the "Top Ten Tuesday" writing prompt is brought to us by
The Broke and the Bookish! Check them out!


Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Classics Genre!

1. John Thornton from North and South. I love him more than life itself. :)

2. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice.

3. Little Jo from Bleak House.

4. Allan Woodcourt from Bleak House.

5. Dickon Sowerby from The Secret Garden.

6. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights.

7. Estella from Great Expectations.

8. Jo from Little Women.

9. Cleopatra from Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra.

10. Alice from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

7 comments:

lillylilac said...

Good list I love Alice as well.

Arabella said...

Yep I agree with John Thornton, great character and I loved the BBC adaptation with Richard Armitage as Thornton. Jo and Woodcourt from Bleak House are interesting choices, it is easier to think of characters in Bleak House that are unpleasant or irritating but Jo and Woodcourt are both great choices. I have to admit Bleak House is amongst my favourite novels, so is Wuthering Heights but again not sure I would ever want to come face to face with Heathcliff.

quinnsbooknook said...

I've never read North and South, but it is at the top of my TBR list. I admit to seeing the BBC movie with Richard Armitage and whoa is he dreamy or what?

Susie said...

Thanks, lillylilac!

Susie said...

Arabella, Yes, I agree! I wouldn't want to meet Heathcliff (or Catherine, for that matter!) face to face! I do love Bleak House. Such a great novel!

Susie said...

Quinsbooknook: YES!!! I love RA!!

Ula (Blog of Erised) said...

Nice list. I have yet to read many classics but I look forward to them.

Thanks for stopping by :)