Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Working, working, working

What a crazy month! I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the magazine still isn't out of the door. Rest assured that when it is, I will be indulging in a couple of adult beverages. :)

Other items of interest:
--Jeff, my cousin, is fully integrated into basic combat training at Ft. Sill! We received our first letter from him yesterday, and I teared up while reading it. It was so great to hear from him. He is doing well!

--I am reading so many things right now, but probably the next book that I will review will be on this blog. I am reading Outlander (read it years ago...I have't read the rest of the series, so I needed to refresh). I am discovering so many great things about it that I didn't notice when I was nineteen...and I am noticing so many bad things about it that I didn't notice when I was nineteen! Anyway, it is still a great story and an absorbing read, and I look forward to the rest of the series.

--I will begin a book club discussion on Goodreads very soon. Our book club--the Neo-Victorian book club group--is reading The Crimson Petal and the White. If you haven't read this book yet, you should!

--I am participating in an online class with a former professor of mine, and our next assignment is to read On the Road. So, I will be posting about that soon, too.

So....as you see...I have been super busy and reading a lot! 


1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like lots going on!