Sunday, May 19, 2013

Finally!

I finally bought a keyboard for my iPad! I can't tell you what a difference this is making for me. I have the iPad for work, but I often find it so cumbersome to use it for editing, simply because I always have to use the touch keyboard when I try to edit. This is SO much better! I love it! I feel like I have a second laptop, and this means that I will use the iPad that much more.

Also, I downloaded Pages from the App Store. I love it, too. I always used the Apple word processing software before they started using Word. I found Appleworks (and its various incarnations) to be so much more user friendly. I have missed it! Well, now I basically have it again! YAY! I can do just about anything on Pages through my iPad, and I can install it on my computer at home, too. This is a great day!

In other news:

Jeff graduated from BCT on Friday! AND: the graduated with honors in the top ten percent of his class!! Hooray for Jeff! I am so proud of him! I know that his parents and sister are having a great time with him, but his weekend pass is almost over. :(  He will stay at Ft. Sill for his AIT training. At least we will see him afterward when he comes home for a little while before shipping out!

Well, that is about it. I am just so happy to be able to blog remotely with this keyboard. I love, love, love it!! (Yeah, I know...I am behind the times...but these things are expensive. I had to wait until I could afford it all! LOL! The funniest part is that I keep trying to use my thumb to scroll up with a touch pad, just like I do with my laptop. Then, I have to remind myself that I have to use my fingers on the actual iPad screen and not my keyboard! Ha!)

2 comments:

Anne Franklin said...

I have been toying with the idea of a keyboard for my iPad since it's what I take to campus with me. What kind did you get?

Susan Reynolds said...

Hi! I bought a Belkin. It came with a case and all. It works great! Hope you are well!