I don't feel so bad...

So, I googled photos of other "TBR" piles, and I realized two things:

1. We have a lot of the same books in our "TBR" piles....

2. I am not alone in my guilt that I have a lot of unread books around the house!

It really is pathetic, though. I mean, books are expensive. Why do I buy one and then not read it immediately? Better yet: why do I buy books at all right now (or even download them), if I haven't finished what I have? I think the truth is that I am an emotional reader. What I mean by that is that I have to choose my reading material based on my mood or need at the time. Still, I have way too many books. I need to donate them to our friends of the library store, because I know I will never get through all of them.

Comments

Arabella said…
I think I am the same, sometimes I think I desperately want to read a particular title but by the time I get it that urge has passed and I have moved on to something else, or I buy a book while still getting through another one only to just not feel like reading it strait away. Books pile up and I just have to be in the right mood, so trying really hard not to give in to impulse buying these days.
Jessica said…
Okay, this happens to me too. I literally have THREE bookshelves of TBR (my wish list is probably another three shelves worth.) I had to literally fight my Momma from chucking some of my books during the move!
Jessica said…
Okay this happens to me too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I literally have THREE shelves worth of TBR. (My wish list would probably cover another three shelves.) I've also got the problem of hanging on to the books I've finished that I really liked. Or even sorta liked. I need to clean out. BAD.
Susan Reynolds said…
I feel the same way, Arabella!
Susan Reynolds said…
Me, too, Jessica! I keep so many!
I like this, all photos very nice http://engeloch.hostenko.com/gorod-pyili/
http://bangbangads.com/?ref=engeloch

Popular Posts