Reading Toni Morrison



In preparation for Toni Morrison's new novel God Help the Child (coming out NEXT WEEK!! YAY!!!), I am reading through her entire works. I have read some Morrison in the past, but I always wanted to start at the beginning and work my way through. Even this plan didn't go well, because my local bookstore was out of The Bluest Eye. They did have Sula, so I read that one first. (These are two I haven't read before now.) So, I have now finished those two and will move on to Song of Solomon tonight. I am super excited. I find myself falling into Morrison's books so easily--but this is not to say that the reading experience is easy. Never come to Morrison if you are looking for a quick read or something "easy." Though the first two books, as many acknowledge, are good "gateway" books to Morrison's collection, they still require effort, of course.

Anyway, I will keep you posted. There is no way I can finish everything before next Tuesday (LOL), but I hope to be well into Tar Baby (if not Beloved ) by then! Happy reading!

Comments

Popular Posts