Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Curious about a "Graze" snack box?

I was, too. I love snacks, and I kept seeing all of these ads on Facebook and Twitter about "Graze" snacks that are mailed to you every month or so. A friend of mine tried them last year, and she liked them. So, I thought I would give the service a try and post for anyone who is curious. :)

So, I went to the "Graze" site (https://www.graze.com/us/home) and signed up. The first box (and, come to find out, the fifth) is free. Once you get the first box, you can choose what kind of box you want. They have several to choose from, and you can rate the snacks you try (telling them that you definitely do or do not want something). Box prices vary (as do the times they ship). It seems like the more expensive/larger the box, the longer in between shipments. And, I am super excited that they have flapjack boxes!!

Anyway, they send a little card (see pic below) that tells you how to "get the most out of Graze." Good tips about what to do if you want to try something new or go healthy with your snacks (there are some good options). There are also rewards for sharing. Nutritional info for each snack is on the back of this card.

When my "Graze" box arrived, this is what it looked like:



And this is what it looks like on the inside:


So, your first box has four snacks to try. I  think they are pretty much chosen at random. In any case, here is what I got:

Sweet Mustard Ranch (a mixture of pretzels, sour cream and onion cashews, and mustard breadsticks)

Original Three-seed Protein Flapjack (three tiny rustic rolled oat flapjack with flaxseed, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds)

Punchy Protein Nuts (chili lime cashews, pistachios, and almonds)

Strawberries and Cream Granola Topper (oat and barley granola, freeze dried strawberries and yogurt covered strawberries)

JUST A QUICK NOTE: The plastic top on each snack tells you to look at the back of the card (sent with the box) to see the "best by" date. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS. I just noticed that most of these dates expire soon. I imagine that is because these are made to be eaten quickly. Also, if you are someone with food allergies, it is likely best to skip subscribing to "Graze." I noticed on the FAQ on their site that they say, "Graze is not suitable for people with food allergies." (SEE HERE: https://www.graze.com/us/faqs)

I am not trying all of these today, but I decided to try one (I will update later): Punchy Protein Nuts.

Here is what it looks like without the plastic top:



Verdict: Tasty! I like this snack a lot! The nuts are fresh and have great tangy and slightly spicy flavor. Yay for my first "Graze" experience! The portion sizes are on the small size, so be aware of that. Still, I think if you were buying all of this in a store, the pricing would be more or about the same, depending on where you were.

I will continue to update as I try each one.

And, just for disclosure: No, no one paid me to endorse this product. I know no one at Graze, and I paid for my own box. I was just curious and thought I would post about my experience! So far, so good!

UPDATE: 6/11... 

Sweet Mustard Ranch (a mixture of pretzels, sour cream and onion cashews, and mustard breadsticks)


I really enjoyed this one, too! Sorry for not taking a picture...but sometimes hunger overrides blog love. Anyway, again, very fresh and tasty.

Verdict: Great! 10 out of 10! Yay!

No comments: