Off to a Good Start

I mentioned that I would be attending one conference, workshop, lecture, event, or class per month to help me feed my writing and Victorian passions. :) So, this weekend took care of September. On Saturday, I went to a fiction editing workshop. I went into the workshop knowing that I probably already knew most of what would be said (and I did), but I also know you can always learn something new (and I did). 

In my day job, I am an editor, but I edit nonfiction...which is very different from editing fiction. So, I learned a few little things to help me when I am writing fiction (and some things to avoid). Most of all, it was just nice to hear some really validating comments from someone who shares my line of work.

Other things going on:

1. This week I will be attending another writing conference (already scheduled) for several days. I'm excited, and this will take care of October's assignment. Also, I just found out about a small one-day conference on campus towards the middle of the month, and I will probably go to that, too.

2. I am still reading/thinking/writing, of course.

3. I'm on the lookout for a November event. My writer's group does have our reader's luncheon in November, but I would like something else. The luncheon is great, but I think I am going to be on the lookout for some kind of lecture. It is possible that the English department (or another department) will have something going on. So, here's hoping!

Comments

Popular Posts