Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Vacation: Day 4

Ugh. This day. Exhausting and revealing in so many ways. Nothing dramatic or anything...just more signs from the cosmos (visible in small ways to no one but me, I guess) that things are in need of change. But that is a conversation for another time.

I've taken a small step into a larger project: I'm reading all of Dickens. I can't say "rereading" because I haven't read everything by him. I'm starting with Sketches by Boz and moving forward chronologically. I need more guidance about how to tackle the journalism, especially now that we just had some really significant leads and new additions this summer, so that will wait. I would like to read his letters alongside what he's writing at the time, so I need to make a trip to the library to get those. 

This is my first time to read Sketches by Boz, and I really like it. So many early portraits of characters to come. Such an amazing eye for surroundings and people. It is just fascinating.

Well, more later!

No comments: