Moonlight and Magnolias: A Great Regional RWA Conference!

Hi, everyone. I have not had a chance to update the blog because so much has been going on. I went to Moonlight and Magnolias in Atlanta from Oct. 1-4. This is a regional conference put on by the Georgia Romance Writers chapter of Romance Writers of America. It was a great conference, and I learned so much! I went to sessions on plot and character development, and I attended Candace Haven's three-hour class titled "Fast Draft and Revision Hell." It was intense, but I learned more than I could have imagined. I may even sign up for her online class.

On Saturday, things got a little crazy for me. I went to one session about character development, but I missed most of another session on using humor in writing, because I had to make a phone call to my cousin (he's in the Army, and it was his birthday).   :)

We had a nice lunch with our keynote speaker, Chris Marie Green. But during the lunch, I received a text from my mother saying that my grandma was in the hospital...which led to several days (when I returned) of sitting in the hospital...and, well, you get the idea. No blog posts! Anyway, we are slowly getting back to normal now, so I thought I better update!

Anyway, that is about it for now. I'm super busy still playing catch-up, so I will post more later.

Comments

Popular Posts