Top Ten Tuesday: My Latest 5 Star Reads
A weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Join in!
Today's Top Ten Tuesday theme: My Latest 5 Star Reads!
1. The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale. I listened to this book on audio, and it is so addicting! This is a true crime story about a murder in Victorian England. I highly recommend it!
2. The King's Curse by Philippa Gregory. This book is centered around Margaret Pole, and it is one of my favorites in the series. If you enjoy historical fiction about the Tudors, you should check this one out.
3. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. If you need to refuel your creative soul, I recommend this book.
4. If you haven't read The Crimson Petal and the White, DO IT NOW. More recently, I finished these short stories set in the same world as the novel. I'm not a fan of short stories usually, but I really enjoyed the ones in The Apple by Michel Faber.
5. Part memoir, part writing advice, and all parts wonderful. Check out What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami.
6. I loved this YA novel. I read The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider some time ago, but it definitely goes on my top 5 star reads.
7. One of my absolute favorite books of all time is Rutho Ozeki's A Tale for the Time Being. I can't say enough wonderful things about this book. Another one to read NOW.
8. The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison is a fantastic collection of essays centered around the idea of (obviously) empathy. A great collection that I come back to time and again.
9. Another great YA by Rainbow Rowell. I loved Fangirl even more than Eleanor & Park.
10. I really enjoyed Elizabeth by David Starkey. This book covers the early years of Elizabeth I.