As the political circus of Trump continues its mad whirl, I read.

I've done a lot of reading since January. As far as my Goodreads challenge, I am only a few books "behind schedule." I've read 26 books so far this year (mostly ebooks), and I recently discovered Gillian Flynn. Of course, I have heard of Gone Girl for ages, but I managed to snap up Sharp Objects in a Kindle ebook sale one day, and I finally started reading it last weekend.



My time is pretty scarce right now, so I haven't finished it, but I really love the book. Her writing style is definitely my cup of tea. The story is so disturbing, but at least it is something slightly more horrifying than Trump, and that is really all that matters right now.

Another amazing book I recently read was Celeste Ng's Everything I Never Told You.



This is likely my favorite book I have read this year. I couldn't put it down. But I think it is crazy that this was categorized as a mystery. It is really more about family relationships after a tragedy. Such an amazing book. I absolutely loved it.

Other great reads from this year (besides the ones listed in an earlier post):

Hunger by Roxane Gay



Rustication by Charles Palliser



Shirley Jackson: A Rather Haunted Life by Ruth Franklin


Comments

Popular Posts